Wednesday, March 20, 2019


March 20, 2019

At Sea



I awoke at the very early (for me) hour of 8:06.  I wanted to see the deck sale that started at 9.  They advertised “Grand Voyage Souvenirs” but the only things I saw specific to this cruise were tote bags.  Everything seemed really over priced so I did not buy anything.  I was slightly hungry so I stopped by the Lido for juice and a roll before heading upstairs for Knitters and Stitchers.  We had about 12 present.

Sherita, Patty, and I had lunch in the Lido.  They had three different cold soups for the first time I’ve seen in the Lido.  I tried the peach and ginger soup and the blueberry.  Both were very good.

We had 13 out of 18 correct in afternoon trivia but the winning team had 16.

1) The legendary fragrance Chanel #5 came out in what year?

2) How old was Loretta Lynn when she became a grandmother?

3) In what novel does most of the story take place at Thornfield Hall?

4) What do you do when you “nictate”?

5) Henry David Thoreau said, “The mass of men lead lives of quiet ____.”

I heard the end of the EXC guide’s (Heather) talk about our last two ports, Willemstad and Oranjestad while waiting for the Indonesian Crew Show.  It was a very short show (just over 30 minutes) but the performers put their heart into putting on a great show.

I had my afternoon ice cream before heading back to my cabin for the inevitable --- packing!  I spent an hour filling one suitcase to the brim and was very pleased with how much I got in it.  Then I looked around my cabin and there is still a ton of stuff to pack .

Evening trivia was in the Showroom again although nobody knew why.  We had 16 out of 19 but the winners had a perfect score.

1) What is a “UFO” in needlework terms?

2) The Pyrenees separate which European countries?

3) What element has the atomic number of 26?

4) Fidel Castro became the leader of Cuba in what year?

5) What is the animal symbol of Thailand?

Ann and Pat, Sherita, Patty, Pat, and I had another wonderful dinner in the Pinnacle Grill.  I had shrimp cocktail, filet mignon, and the lemon brulee tart for dessert.

I have an early morning excursion tomorrow so I skipped the show.

Crew show




Afternoon trivia

1) 1921

2) 29

3) Jane Eyre

4) Wink or blink

5) Desperation

Evening trivia

1) Unfinished object

2) France and Spain

3) Iron

4) 1959

5) Elephant

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment