Saturday, March 23, 2019


March 23, 2019

At Sea



I started the day with Knitters and Stitchers.  We had about 10 present.

Patty, Sherita, and I left for the Lido and lunch just after 11:30.  They had an “Ice Cream Social” with four or five different ice creams and a large number of toppings you could add.

Trivia was at 1.  We had 17 out of 22.  The winners had 19.

1)       Name the famous Hungarian pianist and composer who was treated like a rock star is today.

2)       What was Police’s biggest selling single?

3)       What does “MRI” stand for?

4)       How many times was Nelson Mandela married?

5)       Which artist did Matisse and Picasso call “the father of us all”?

I met with Sarah to arrange to send home two of my suitcases and my box.

The Photo Contest results were in progress so I went in to see some of the winners.  The overall winner was a picture of a seal and a penguin from Grytviken.

Then on to the library where I turned in my 200 vouchers for a $20 Amazon gift card.  I am going to use it to purchase a swift.

Pictures from the watercolor classes and items from arts and crafts were on display in the Lido so I went to see them.

Around 3:30 I headed back to my cabin to do more packing.  Although all of my clothes (except for Sunday’s and Monday’s) are packed I still seem to have a ton of things to pack.

It was our last Gala Night and I was surprised how many people had dressed up this close to the end of the cruise.

We won evening trivia with 15 out of 18.  No prizes.

1) What was the name of the first space shuttle launched?

2) How many major league baseball teams are named for four-footed animals and for an extra point name them.

3) What is the common name for the main vent at the top of a volcano?

4) What is kept in a ship’s binnacle?

5) Who was the King of Spain at the turn of the 21st century?

All of us were present for dinner.  I had a shrimp cocktail, apple, pear, and cucumber salad, surf and turf (very good), and an almond orange cake (so-so).

The Prinsendam singers and dancers presented “Concerto” billed as a classical take on popular music.  One of the singers was sick so the others took over for him.  They were quite good.

Ice Cream Social




Watercolors and arts and crafts






Chef's parade




Pillow Gift


Afternoon trivia

1)       Liszt

2)       Every Breathe You Take

3)       Magnetic resonance imaging

4)       3

5)       Cezanne

 

Evening trivia

1) Columbia

2) 2,  Cubs and Tigers

3) Crater

4) Compass

5) Juan Carlos

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment