Sunday, January 13, 2019


January 13, 2019

At Sea



A nice relaxing sea day starting with Knitters and Stitchers at 10.  Another large crowd.  One lady is making a huge rug!  I left around 11:30 for lunch in the Lido.

Trivia was at 1:00.  We only had 10 out of 20 correct and the winning team had 15.

1) What is the traditional drink for the winner of the Indianapolis 500?

2) What was Stephen King’s first novel?

3) What play about a factory owner had 13 Tony nominations and won 6?

4) What is the origin of the phrase “pulling out all the stops”?

5) What is a “locavore”?

After trivia a number of us once again rushed down to deck 4 for the Ladder Ball Challenge (and another voucher).  I had never heard of Ladder Ball but apparently this was an adaptation of the real thing.  You stood on deck 5 (in the atrium) and threw down balls joined by rope and tried to wrap them around a “ladder”.  I did not do well.

Then back to my cabin to change for a dip in the pool later in the afternoon.  On the way to Arts and Crafts I stopped at Guest Services to change $60 for $180 Peruvian sols.  In Arts and crafts we started a notebook cover with plastic needlepoint canvas.

My next stop was to see the EXC guide about Lima.  A group of us are going to the Indian Market to look for alpaca wool.  I needed to know where we were being dropped off on the shuttle to see if we could walk or need to take a taxi (taxi it is).

I finally made it to the pool and stayed for about 90 minutes.  I tried the little Lido pool that looks kind of like a keyhole.  You can’t really swim but I did some water aerobics.

For evening trivia we had 11 out of 18.  Two teams tied with 12.

1) The AMC Gremlin was the first to use this fabric for car seats.

2) What is mixed with white sugar to make brown sugar?

3) Out of every 6 Americans, how many regularly watch TV while eating dinner?

4) What does a hibernating hedgehog have to do every 20 minutes?

5) Who was the first woman to host Saturday Night Live long before winning Emmys for a popular sitcom?

Pat, Patty, Sherita, and I sat and had an interesting and hilarious conversation after trivia.  I was told not to share the content of the discussion.

All present for dinner.  I had French onion soup, veal tenderloin, and a blueberry sundae for dinner.

I came back to my cabin after dinner to take one final look at the excursions for tomorrow.  I finally decided there were none that I really wanted to do so I will take the shuttle bus into the city, check out the market, and take some pictures.  Linda, the CD, mentioned that usually there are local crafts for sale on the pier so I may do some shopping with my sols.

The show tonight was Natalie Toro, a singer/actor who has been in a number of musicals and TV shows.  She has a great voice.



There was a special area in the Lido with tuna today and the penguins decided to get into the action

It's about time to show you some of the ship pictures that were delayed because of my internet issues.

the deck 9 pool - the green tinted windows is the gym


Lido pool

Crow's Nest

library

Explorers Lounge

Ocean Bar

small dining room

main dining room








Afternoon trivia

1) Milk

2) Carrie

3) Kinky Boots

4) From playing an organ

5) Person who only eats locally sourced food

Evening trivia

1) Denim

2) Molasses

3) 4

4) Breathe

5) Candice Bergen

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment