Wednesday, January 30, 2019


January 30, 2019

Punta Arenas, Chile



Pat and I were on a mission to find yarn for her to make a sweater for her soon-to-be-born grandchild.  I had done some research on the internet (Have I mentioned how much I love the unlimited plan?) and found two likely places.  We walked to a store past the square and found some yarn she liked (OK, I found some I liked, too). 

We walked around the square on our way back and looked at the stalls selling all kinds of things.  We then walked back to an artisans’ market – which also was part fish market – where I found a little more yarn to buy.

We had left the ship at 10 am and I got back on around 1:30. We had walked about two miles.

I had a leisurely lunch in the Lido.  I ordered one of my favorites, pasta with Alfredo sauce, but the sauce was fishy-tasting so I had pizza instead.

We had 16 out of 17 correct but two teams had a perfect 17.

1) In the Lion King, what kind of animal is Timon?

2) Which Beatles song has been covered by at least 2960 artists?

3) Who is the Roman goddess of fertility, hunting, and the moon?

4) If you are dining “al fresco”, where are you dining?

5) What is Hebrew for “Praise the Lord”?

For evening trivia we had 13 out of 17 but two teams tied with 15.

1) In 1846 an Englishman and Frenchman jointly discovered which planet?

2) What was the first public performance when the Sydney Opera House opened in 1973 – Carmen, War and Peace, or Tosca?

3) What is the name for a triangle with no even sides?

4) What made Dumbo’s ears get larger in the Disney cartoon movie?

5) Who directed both Titanic and Avatar?

Only five of us present for dinner.  I had fruit, a spring roll, pot roast (tender but dry) and Caribbean rum cake (which was delicious).

There was no show.

From my deck



the ship next to us is a cable layer

interesting piece of equipment on board

The first balcony on the starboard side had a crack in the glass.  Today it was taken down...

… and strapped to "my deck".


Punta Arenas





the store we went to

interior of store



Plaza de Armas


interesting pattern in the sidewalk

Bernard O'Higgins who freed Chile from Spanish rule

in the fish market


craft area



Afternoon trivia

1) Meerkat

2) Yesterday

3) Diana

4) Outside

5) Hallelujah

Evening trivia

1) Neptune

2) War and Peace

3) Scalene

4) Sneezing

5) James Cameron

Smooth sailing until next time!

1 comment:

  1. You must have a very strong Trivia team - you have done very well! What fun!

    ReplyDelete