Thursday, January 3, 2019


January 3, 2019

Fort Lauderdale, Florida



I had a fairly lazy day.  I slept until almost 11 am to catch up after having only 9 hours of sleep over the previous 48 hours.  I had my Panera bagel for breakfast and then went down to the pool.  I got into a discussion with a lady who lives about an hour away from me who also cruises solo.  She is headed out on Celebrity Reflection tomorrow for three back-to-back cruises.

I was able to get in my half mile swim and had the pool to myself the entire time.  Once again it was a beautiful day.  The low last night was 76F and it was in the mid-80s today but with a nice breeze.  The pool temperature was perfect.

Around 4 pm I walked across the street to get a few things at Walgreens and then came back to get ready for tonight’s dinner.  Our Cruise Critic roll call had set up a dinner at The Boatyard.  We were supposed to have 17 but only 13 showed.  We had a nice room to ourselves.  I had a seafood mac and cheese which was very good.  We broke up just after 8.  Now I have to figure out how to get all my junk into my suitcase but at least I don’t have to worry about the weight!

Busy day tomorrow!
I was not the only one enjoying the sun today!

Seafood mac and cheese

Our Cruise Critic roll call dinner at The Boatyard




Smooth sailing until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Bon Voyage Kathi! So excited for you. Just one more hurdle until the fun begins.

    Gail (1of4)

    ReplyDelete