Thursday, January 17, 2019


January 17, 2019


At Sea



After three port days in a row I was ready for a sea day.


My morning started with the Knitters and Stitchers.  Heard about yarn purchases in Lima and I shared some of my patterns with others.  Another good-sized group.


On the way to lunch I dropped off the evaluation of yesterday’s excursion with my cruise agency’s hosts.


Afternoon trivia was at 1 pm.  We were second by a half a point.  We had 15.5 out of 21 and the winners had 16.

1) How many songs from Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band were released as singles?

2) What do frogs have in their mouths that toads do not?

3) According to Freud, what is the goal of life?

4) Which French designed introduced the ladies pants suit in 1969?

5) Which country sent athletes to the Olympics until the early 60s but not again until 1992?

6) Why are rats particularly susceptible to poison?


At 2:30 was arts and crafts where we made pendants for a necklace that matched the paper beads we made last week.  It was a little cool (only low 70s) and very windy so I did not get in the pool afterwards.  I did sit beside the pool had my afternoon ice cream,  read for a while, and then worked on my latest pair of socks.


Tonight was a Gala Night and the Black and White Officers Ball.  Evening schedule was totally revised so I ate early sitting with my “second table”.  I had a salad, shrimp cocktail, surf and turf, and cheesecake.


Evening trivia was at 7:30 instead of the usual 7 pm.  We had 14 out of 17 and the winners 16.

1) How many spaces on a Monopoly board?

2) Which language is spoken by the most people as a first language?

3) What is the least expensive and most popular fruit worldwide?

4) What island nation is visited the most by cruise ships each year?

5) What style of architecture is the Empire State Building?


The show was at 8 pm.  It was called “Bailamos” with three Canadian singers that do “Latin crossover”.  They were one of the best acts yet this cruise.  After trivia we were talking with them and they said they would be doing another show on the 20th.


Next was a Music Trivia game at 8:45.  We had 9 out of 12 and the winning team had 11.


Finally, at 9:30 was the Officers Ball.  It was sparsely attended (9:30 is very late to a number of people onboard).   I left just before 10 because I had to make it an early evening with an 8-hour tour tomorrow that meets at 7:15!!!
nicely carved watermelon in the Lido

decorations for the Gala Night


Penguins all dressed for the evening


Bailamos

A couple enjoying drinks and a snack in the Ocean Bar

All ready for the Ball

The Captain and some of his officers

our pillow gift


Afternoon trivia

1) None

2) Teeth

3) Death

4) Yves St. Laurent

5) South Africa (they were banned because of apartheid)

6) They cannot vomit


Evening trivia

1) 40

2) Mandarin

3) Banana

4) Bahamas

5) Art Deco


Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment