Sunday, February 10, 2019


February 10, 2019

At Sea

I finished my socks last night before I went to bed so I started on mittens during Knitters and Stitichers this morning.  About eight attended.

We had our first Sunday brunch today – they are only on sea day Sundays – and Pat, Patty, Sherita, Andrea, and I went.  It was very good and plenty of food even with the bits I don’t eat (like sushi and salmon).  We then headed off to afternoon trivia.  Today was Linda’s birthday (the CD) and we all sang to her and Pat had done a watercolour card with penguins on it that we all signed.  We had 14 out of 20 correct and the winning team had 17.

1) What was the name of Poirot’s last case?

2) How many bits in a byte?

3) What are the only two places where dogs produce sweat?

4) What three animals have stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame (not animated)?

5) Which species is genetically closest to humans – gorilla, spider monkey, orangutan, and chimpanzee?

In arts and crafts we did a zentangle drawing.  We did a couple last year and I don’t find it any more relaxing than then.

I read for a while and worked on the mittens before getting ready for dinner.

Evening trivia was in the Crow’s Nest and it was our worst ever.  We only got 5 out of 21.  The winning team had 10.

1) In what 1880 war were khaki uniforms first used?

2) What General Motors car was advertised as “a new symbol for quality in America”?

3) How did Mama Cass die and for a bonus point, in what year?

4) What is the only bird with nostrils at the end of its beak?

5) What is the standard size of a golf hole?

All present for dinner.  I had a fruit salad, Caesar Salad, beef tenderloin and a butterscotch sundae for dessert.

I did not go to the show.
Last night's menu - very interesting but riddled with typos




Sunday brunch


I forgot to take a picture of the dessert

Zentangle card


Afternoon trivia

1) Curtain

2) 8

3) Nose and paws

4) Rin Tin Tin, Lassie, and Strongheart (I don’t think anyone got Strongheart)

5) chimpanzee

Evening trivia (we missed all of these plus more)

1) Afghan war

2) Buick

3) Contrary to the popular ham sandwich choking, she died of a heart attack in 1974

4) Kiwi

5) 4.25 inches

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment