Saturday, February 16, 2019


February 16, 2019

Punta del Este, Uruguay

After I finished my blog last night I felt the start of a sinus infection.  I took a couple of sinus pills hoping it would go away.  When I awoke at 6 am I still had it so I started a Z-pack.  Hopefully, it will help like last time.  I went back to sleep and slept until almost noon – a total of 11 hours.

I decided not to take the 20-30 minute tender ride into town as I had found nothing I particularly wanted to see.  We are coming back next year in case I hear of something wonderful I missed.  We had a short day here anyway since the last tender was at 2:30.

I had my usual meal of rice and rolls that I have when I feel bad.  I then sat out in the sun (didn’t feel like swimming) for almost two hours and started to feel a little better.

For some reason, afternoon trivia was at 3:30 rather than the usual 4 pm.  When It started, only three of us were present but as the quiz went on the others arrived thinking they were early.  We had 9 out of 18 and the winners had 14.

1) What does a “palmiped” possess that makes it a palmiped?

2) What is the collective name for a group of larks?

3) What river is Baghdad on?

4) Who did Cassius Clay beat when he first won the championship?

5) Which animated movie was Disney working on when he died?

For evening trivia we tied at least three other teams with 16 out of 18.  There was another tie after the first tie-breaker and finally another team won the second tie-breaker (which was which deck does Erin [the assistant CD] live on).

1) In which country was the first fountain pen used?

2) What is the oldest known contagious disease?

3) A mountain is the symbol for what film company?

4) What body part gets bigger as the day progresses?

5) What is the first country to introduce income tax in 1789?

Seven of us present for dinner.  I had French onion soup, Chicken Codon Bleu, and a Peach Melba sundae.  I did not go to the show as I plan to go to bed very early (before midnight!!).
From my deck












Afternoon trivia

1) Webbed feet

2) Exultation

3) Tigris

4) Sonny Liston

5) The Jungle Book

Evening trivia

1) Egypt

2) Leprosy

3) Paramount

4) Feet

5) Britain

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment