Thursday, February 28, 2019


February 28, 2019

At Sea



I spent a very relaxing day at sea starting with Knitters and Stitchers.  We had a large group today with 14 present.

Lunch in the Lido with Patty and Sherita before 1 pm trivia.  We had 15 out of 19 but two teams tied with 16.

1) What Dreamworks character gets his name from the German word for “terror”?

2) What company offered the first disposable 35 mm camera in 1987?

3) What John Gray book was on the top 10 non-fiction list from 1993-1997?

4) What pop duo took their name from “the art of interpreting music through body movement”?

5) What European country is home to the official Olympics museum?

Pat and I knitted instead of doing arts and crafts (they were making an eggshell picture mat).  After she went to watercolor class I read my book (I haven’t read in about a week).

In evening trivia we had 13 out of 22.  At least two teams tied with 15 (I think – I forgot to write it down).  The bonus question was worth 7 points but I am not sure if anyone got it – you had to write down the 7 continents in alphabetical order in 30 seconds.

1) What European language is the official language of Senegal?

2) What body part do male crickets use to chirp?

3) What Don McLean song deals with the 1959 plane crash that killed Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, and “The Big Bopper”?

4) True or False – Coca-Cola was invented by a pharmacist?

5) What is Alaska’s most famous dog sled race?

All six present for dinner.  I had fruit, a salad, land and sea (filet mignon and shrimp), and Rum Baba. 

I did not go to the show.

The Lido was having an Indonesian themed dinner tonight.





Afternoon trivia

1) Shrek

2) Fuji

3) Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus

4) The Eurythmics

5) Switzerland

Evening trivia

1) French

2) Wings

3) American Pie

4) True

5) Iditarod

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment