Saturday, February 23, 2019


February 23, 2019

Ilhabela, Brazil



I was awakened at 8:28 with my laundry being returned.  I left the bag on my bed last night at 6:45 when I left for trivia.  The service has been amazing on this cruise.

About 9:30 I went out on my deck to take some pictures and after two or three pictures everything got fuzzy.  I thought my camera was a goner but later in the day it was fine so I decided it was the rapid change in temperature so my camera has gone back into the ziplock bag with the silica gel packets.

Sherita, Pat, and I met at 10 to get on the tender to go to the island.  Ilhabela is a popular resort location for Brazilians especially from the largest city, Sao Paulo.

We walked around for about two hours, looking into the stores and walking along the shore.  We stopped for a local beer during our walk.

I had lunch in the Lido and then Sherita, Pat, and I spent some time knitting before afternoon trivia.  We had 14 out of 18 and the winning team had 15.

1) What is the largest opera house in the world according to the number of seats?

2) Which Caribbean country has a three day celebration for their national rebellion?

3) How many of the 10 tallest peaks in the US are in Alaska?

4) What piece of office equipment was invented in 1900 by Johan Vaaler?

5) Which saxophone player changed his name from Gorleich?

After trivia we were ready to leave and I went out on my deck for sail-away.

We did poorer in evening trivia with 11 out of 19.  The winners had 15.

1) How long can a Big Mac sit under the heat lamp until it is supposed to be thrown away?

2) What are the two primary elements found in Mercury’s atmosphere?

3) Who won the 1923 Nobel Prize for the discovery of insulin?

4) When did “O Canada” officially become the national anthem of Canada?

5) Does it take more muscles to smile or frown?

All six present for dinner.  I had shrimp, crab cakes (really crab balls), chicken, and a butterscotch sundae.

The show was a repeat from earlier in the cruise so I skipped it.
From my deck






also visiting was MSC Fantasia which holds 3900 passengers



Ilhabela






interesting swimwear(?)

Pat checking out some of the styles

my kind of bug

enjoying a cold one







one of the dozens of beaches on the island


Afternoon trivia

1) Metropolitan Opera House

2) Cuba

3) All

4) Paper clip (although the internet says this is a myth and there was already a better one when he received his patent)

5) Kenny G

Evening trivia

1) 10 minutes

2) Helium and hydrogen

3) Sir Frederick Banting

4) 1980

5) Frown

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment