Tuesday, February 26, 2019


February 26, 2019

At Sea

I overslept and woke up at 9:33.  I hurried to get ready for Knitters and Stitchers because Lorna was coming to give me a refresher course on the stitch she learned in Punta Arenas.  I could not stay long because I was invited to today’s Mariner’s Society Reception and Brunch at 10:30.  Patty was also invited (this is at least the third reception) and neither of us wanted to go to the Brunch.  We watched our friend Roy get his 300 day medal and then we went back up to knit some more.

Just before noon, Patty, Sherita, and I went to lunch in the Lido and then to trivia at 1 pm.  We won with 16 out of 21.

1) Which Baroque composer died after a doctor treated his eye problem by draining his eye of half a teacup of blood?

2) What piece of clothing did Einstein rarely wear?

3) Which two planets rotate clockwise?

4) For what kitchen appliance did Einstein receive patents to make it better and safer?

5) Which musical star was the subject of a documentary called “Tantrums and Tiaras”?

After trivia, Pat and I went to arts and crafts where we made a scissors holder.

Pat, Patty, Sherita, and I ate in the Pinnacle tonight.  I ordered different items from last time having Lobster Bisque, King Crab Legs, and a souffle for dessert.  Everything was delicious and we plan to go again.

Evening trivia was very easy except for two questions that we missed.  We ended up with 15 out of 17 with about six teams tied with 17 correct.

1) What is the dimple in the bottom of a wine bottle called?

2) Most of the world’s active volcanoes are at the convergence of what?

3) What gas makes sodas bubbly?

4) What canned energy drink originally came from Thailand?

5) How many degrees in a circle?

I did not go to the show but instead went out on my deck to look at the millions of stars.  It was very windy but warm.

Pat teaching her first knitting pupil, Patty

flowers at the Medallion Ceremony

one of the penguins showing off his medals

Pinnacle Menu





amuse bouche - espresso and mushroom (I did not eat it since I don't like either ingredient)

decorating our Lobster Bisque

I had a heart

Pat had a butterfly

making Sherita's Caesar salad

my crab legs (we all loved the blue plate)

souffle


Afternoon trivia

1) Sebastian Bach

2) Socks

3) Venus and Uranus

4) Refrigerator

5) Elton John

Evening trivia

1) Punt

2) Tectonic plates

3) Carbon dioxide

4) Red Bull

5) 360

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment