Monday, February 25, 2019


February 25, 2019

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil



After the long tiring day yesterday, I was glad I had not booked an excursion today.  I started my much quieter day by knitting with Pat and Ann in the Crow’s Nest for about two hours. 

Pat and I went to look at the stalls outside the terminal and the few inside it.  I bought a couple of souvenirs and we were back on board in less than an hour but were already very hot and sweaty.

Sherita, Pat, and I had lunch in the Lido.  Pat and I sat and knit afterwards and Sherita went back to buy a few things.

Trivia was at 3:30. We had 13.5 out of 20 but the winners had 16.

1) Which 92 year old artist hit #1 on the UK charts in 2009?

2) Bovine means cowlike.  What does murine mean?

3) Actress Edda Van Heemstra was better known by what name?

4) What musical instrument has pairs of metal disks called “zils”?

5) What does “AM” stand for in radio terms?

We had a sail-away party to celebrate Prinsendam’s 300th voyage.  Free drinks and snacks were provided and the Ocean Bar band played.  Ann and Pat, Pat and Tom, and Sherita and I sat and drank together.  I had a rum punch (that was sour) and two margaritas (that were on the sweet side).  They were very strong (at least for me since I am a cheap drunk) and I was a bit loopy until after dinner.

I went out on my deck to watch the sail-away before getting ready for dinner.

Before trivia a thunderstorm began and there was lots of thunder and lightning (it was still going on at 10 pm).  We had 15 out of 19 for evening trivia.  The winners had 17.

1) Who was the first person to be Time Magazine’s Man of the Year?

2) In what year was Queen Elizabeth II born?

3) What is an otter’s home called?

4) Which guitarist is known as “Slow Hands”?

5) Which of the Seven Ancient Wonders of the World is still standing?

All six present for dinner.  I had watermelon, sweet and sour chicken and a sundae.

I did not go to the show.
From my deck










By the terminal






Sail-Away Party
Getting drinks ready







Afternoon trivia

1) Dame Vera Lynn

2) Mouselike

3) Audrey Hepburn

4) Tambourine

5) Amplitude modulation

Evening trivia

1) Charles Lindbergh

2) 1926

3) Holt

4) Eric Clapton

5) Great Pyramids of Giza

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment